The role of an IT manager is one that requires a great deal of responsibility and accountability. He is tasked with overseeing the day-to-day operations of their company’s information technology department, which includes everything from computer hardware to software applications to telecommunications equipment.
Experience & Skill
An IT manager must ensure that all of these systems are working properly at all times. This means they need to make sure that computers are repaired or replaced when necessary, that new software is installed as it becomes available, and that any problems with existing software are addressed as soon as possible.
Qualification & Experience
He is responsible for coordinating, planning, and leading computer-related activities in our organization. He help determine the IT needs of an organization and are responsible for implementing computer systems to fulfill the organization’s information systems requirements.
Responsibilities for IT Manager
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT
Qualifications for IT Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience working in IT operations
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices